AWE Touring Edition Exhaust for Audi B9 S4 - Chrome Silver 102mm Tips
Meet the perfected B9 S4 soundtrack.
- Max gains of 16 hp and 17 ft-lbs of torque at the crank (exhaust)
- Max gains of 23 hp and 27 ft-lbs of torque at the crank (catalyst)
- Available as sophisticated Touring Edition, unleashed Track Edition, and valved SwitchPath™
- Touring Edition Exhausts features AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®
- SwitchPath™ Exhaust can be controlled with optional handheld remote, or factory valve programming
- Downpipes and precision-engineered x-pipe included in all editions
- Specifically engineered downpipe resonators for use with the catalyst available separately
- Performance Catalyst features a precision CNC-machined billet T304 stainless steel flange, and 145mm 200CPSI EURO6 HJS HD catalyst with tri-lobe core
- Compatible with standard and sport differentials
- 90mm or 102mm double-walled tips available in chrome silver or diamond black
- 96mm double-walled stainless steel tips with carbon sleeve
- Proudly engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house at AWE, in the USA
- Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
- Handcrafted from dual 2.5” CNC mandrel-bent U.S.-sourced .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- Direct bolt-on system, factory-like install simplicity
- Perfect fitment - guaranteed
- No Check Engine Light - guaranteed
- Featuring the AWE Lifetime Exhaust Warranty (one year on catalyst core)
A precision CNC-machined billet T304 stainless steel flange, massive 145mm 200CPSI EURO 6 HJS catalyst with tri-lobe core, and 2.5” T304L stainless steel make up the Performance Catalyst’s construction for high-flow decongestion and an additional 12 hp and 15 ft-lbs of torque to the wheels.
Exhaust configurations recommended for use with Performance Catalyst:
Given the increase of airflow with the Performance Catalyst, special resonators were developed to keep sound frequencies in check. These larger resonators are included in exhaust configurations labeled as "Resonated for Performance Catalyst," and available independently (to be added to existing AWE exhausts) via the "Resonator Conversion Kit."
Please note: exhausts labeled "Resonated for Performance Catalyst " and the Resonator Conversion Kit are recommended to be used with the Performance Catalyst, but not required. However, Performance Catalysts may not be returned (absent manufacturer defect under normal warranty guidelines) if being run without the recommended exhaust configurations.
Touring Edition Exhaust
The best just got better.
Signature AWE howl, delivered. The Touring Edition is the sophisticated member of the B9 S4 exhaust family.
The Touring Edition Exhaust removes the factory valving and replaces it with AWE’s 180 Technology® drone-cancelling resonators (and electronic valve simulators). This solution provides for a perfect, signature AWE experience: civil within the cabin while cruising, yet all the pops and burbles during acceleration and downshifts.
The Touring Edition Exhaust comes complete with 180 Technology® resonators, a precision-engineered x-pipe, resonated downpipes, and your choice of 90 or 102mm tips in either diamond black or chrome silver.
Sound Perfection: AWE 180 Technology®
Perfect tone, compliments of AWE 180 Technology®.
As exhaust gases exit the 3.0T engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers.
The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. Cool, right? Learn more on AWE’s 180 Technology® in the tab above.